ATM (money machine)
The only ATM (money machine) to be found on the West Coast (South of Hokitika and North of Haast) is in Franz Josef at the West Coast Wildlife Centre. Open 24 hours. There are no banks in this area.
Things to Do
After a visit to the West Coast Wildlife Centre we recommend the following things to see and do in Franz Josef.
- Go out on a kayak expedition with Glacier Country Kayaks (0800 423 262)
- Book a Quadbike trip with Across Country Quadbikes Franz Josef (0800 234 288)
- Have a meal at the Alice May Restaurant (03 752 0740)
- Get those essential food and drink supplies at the Four Square Supermarket (03 752 0177)
- Check out the White Heron Sanctuary Tours in Whataroa (around 30 minutes north of Franz Josef, 0800 523 456) and also Alpine Fault Tours in the same location is well worth a visit (0800 556 244)